Quantum MX allows you to create teams to help organize your shop work and associated work orders, mechanics, aircraft, and customers, and isolate the activity of sub-groups within your organization. Teams provide a security layer between work orders, aircraft, customers, and inventory, allowing you to operate multiple locations or P&L centers within one Quantum MX server. Teams work best when aligned with a profit and loss or location based org structure.
On this page, we used a fictitious company name: Fixit Inc.
Setting Up a Team
- Click Settings from the left side menu.
- Click Teams.
- Click Create a Team to create a team.
Accessing the Team Settings
1. Click Settings from the left side menu.
1. Click Teams to view the team listing.
1. Click Show next to the team you wish to view.
1. If you are assigned as a team member, your teams will be linked up under the account panel, accessible in the upper-right portion of the QMX screen.
Team Company and Contact Information
Company information may be provided for individual teams. Company information includes:
Repair Station Certificate Number,
Web Site URL,
Web Site URL.
The team company and contact information will be displayed with the team logo automatically on Estimates, Invoices, Customer Portal screens and system generated emails that are sent to customers.
Upload a JPG, PNG, or SVG (recommended) image file to be the logo for your team. To upload a logo:
1. Browse to the team profile view.
2. Use the drop box area to upload the logo file.
If a logo is already in place, click change logo to delete the existing logo and upload a new one.
Example 1: Repair Station with A&P Shop
- Create a 'Fixit Repair Station' team.
- Create an 'Fixit A&P' team.
All work orders that go through the A&P shop should be assigned to the A&P team. Similarly, work orders performed in the Repair Station shop can be assigned to the Repair Station team.
Example 2: A&P/IA Shop Supporting Two Flying Clubs
- Create a team for your general customers titled: 'Fixit'
- Create a team for each of your flying clubs.
Assigning Users to Teams
Users must be added to the team in order to give them access to the team aircraft and work orders.
1. Click Settings / Teams to view the teams listing.
2. Click Show next to your team name.
3. Select the user and click Add to Team to add the user to the team.
4. Similarly, users may be removed from the team.
Assigning Aircraft to Teams
Edit an aircraft to add or change the team assignment.
Creating a Work Order for a Specific Team
From an aircraft screen or the Work Orders screen, click the New Work Order link. Select the appropriate team from the drop down list.
Click the team logo for which you would like to assign the work order. You will then continue to the New Work Order form.
Read more about how to designate team managers here: Team Sub-Managers