When configured, Chronos allows you to store payment methods on your account and streamline the payment process.
Storing a Payment Method
- Browse to your client profile by clicking your name in the upper-right corner of the Chronos screen.
- Click the Payment Method tab.
Click Authorize a Payment Method
Enter your credit card information. Your credit card will not be charged.
- If the authorization is successful, the payment method will be stored on your account profile.
Making a Payment (Streamlined)
When a payment method is stored on your account, the payment process becomes streamlined.
1. Browse to your account profile.
2. Click Pay Balance or Make a Payment.
3. Confirm the amount of payment and click Pay Now to process the payment.
The transaction will be processed securely using the stored payment method.
Deleting a Stored Payment Method
To delete a stored payment method...
1. Browse to your client account profile
2. Click Payment Method
3. Click delete to delete the stored payment method.
How it Works
During the authorization process, your credit card information is transmitted securely to the merchant processing gateway. The actual credit card number and security code is not stored on the server. The merchant gateway authenticates the card and returns an encrypted security token that can only be used to process payments on your Chronos account. The tokenized payment method is PCI compliant, and cannot be hacked. The encrypted security token can only be used to transact any credit card payments from outside of your Chronos account.
Chronos uses secure Authorize.NET CIM, FirstData TransArmor, and Quickbooks Payments tokenization/stored card technologies to achieve this. More information about these technologies may be found on the vendor's web sites.