Quantum MX Quick Startby FLY Online Tools Support over 1 year ago in Quantum MX > Getting Started • tags: ghost, getting started, teams, team settings, mechanic certs • Public
Congratulations, your Quantum MX site is up and running. Follow these steps to complete the first time setup for your maintenance team. Do this right away, as Quantum MX will give the first user special team administrator permissions.
1. Create your Administrator Account
The first user to sign up will be given special administrator privilege.
Browse to your Quantum MX site and click Sign Up. The system will prompt you to enter your user information. If you use your Gmail address as your email address, you will be able to use the quick Sign in with your Google Account option to log into QMX.
2. Learn about the Home Screen
Read more about Quantum MX Home Screen features.
3. Create your Team
Learn more about Teams
Quantum MX's Team concept helps you isolate the data and access for distinct segments of your business. Initially you should configure one team that will cover all of your operations. You may create up to three teams if your business has distinct segments or locations, for example: A&P + Instrument Repair Station, A&P locations at two airports.
- Click Settings, Teams, Create a Team
- Complete the team information form and click the Create Team button.
- As your mechanics, customers, and users sign up to your QMX cloud, you can control their access to information by adding or removing them from your team.
4. Upload your Team Logo
If you did not upload a logo in step 2, you may edit your team at any time to upload or change your logo.
1. Browse to your team page: click Settings, Teams, then click Edit next to your team.
2. Assign your team logo in the Upload Photo section of the team editing form.
The team logo will be used when Quantum MX generates PFD logbook entries and work order documents.
5. Create your Mechanic Certificate
- If you are a maintainer, you should add your mechanic certificate information. Click Settings, My Profile.
- Click the Add a Mechanc Cert link.
- Complete the new Mechanic Cert form and save.
NOTE: The Accounting settings will be used when Work Orders are exported to Quickbooks invoices.
6. Invite your Team to sign up.
Ref HelpHub Article: User Control
- Invite each member of your team to create their own user account on your server.
- Each team member who is a mechanic, should follow step 3 above to create their Mechanic Certificate record.
7. Assign your team users to your team.
- Click Settings, Teams, and then click to show your team.
Assign users using the Assign Users panel.
Use the Settings option to control the User permission levels. Ref Article: Team Permissions.
Now your team is configured in Quantum MX. It is time to start adding and creating aircraft. Read our article on the Maintenance Workflow.
8. Create your first Aircraft
- Click Aircraft to view the aircraft listing page.
- Click Add an Aircraft to add an aircraft.
- Complete the Add an Aircraft form and save the aircraft.
Aircraft are typically assigned to teams. When creating an aircraft, assign the team that you created in step 2.
9. Create your first Work Order
- Browse to the newly created aircraft.
- Click New Work Order from the menu links.
- You are on your way. Please refer to the HelpHub category listing, index, or the search box at the top of the page to read more in-depth about Quantum MX work flows and features.
10. Learn about the Work Order Screen
- Ref article: Work Order User Interface Features