The planning calendar helps managers organize shop work by depicting the work order estimated start date and duration. Two items may be placed on the calendar: 1) Work Orders, 2) Miscellaneous Reservations
The calendar depicts work order estimated times in shop, and actual start and end dates, providing a visual comparison of planning vs. actual.
Ad-hoc reservations may be used to plan for events where a work order is not appropriate.
Planning Miscellaneous Reservations
- Browse to the planning calendar.
- Click on a day to create a new reservation event.
- An aircraft may be assigned to the event (optional).
- Reservation events may be moved around the calendar by drag and drop.
Planning Work Orders
Setting the Work Order Estimated Start and End Dates
- Browse to an open work order.
Locate the status block in the work order header panel.
Click to edit the estimated start and end times.
The estimated start and end times may also be set on the edit work order form.
Viewing the Work Order Calendar
To view the planning calendar, click the calendar icon in the menu bar, or click Dashboards, Work Order Calendar.
- Planned work orders are depicted using a BLUE bar.
- Open work orders are depicted using a YELLOW bar.
- Completed work orders are depicted using a green bar.
Calendar Based Editing
The estimated starting date and duration for planned work orders (BLUE bars) may be edited directly on the calendar.
- To set a new estimated starting date, drag and drop the blue bar to a new date.
- To change the estimated durationg, resize the right edge of the blue bar.
Comparing Estimate vs. Actual Time in Shop
After a work order is completed, the calendar will depict the actual work start and end dates (GREEN bar) next to the estimated work start and end dates (BLUE bar). This depiction gives managers a retrospective comparison of estimated vs. actual time in shop.
Date Based Reminders
Date based reminders like Annual Inspections may be shown on the planning calendar. Click the Show Reminders option to show or hide the reminders.