Logging a Usage
Usage entries may be anchored to a reservation (preferred method), or logged freely.
Reservation Based Usage Entry
- Locate a reservation in the calendar and click on it.
Click Log a Usage
RECOMMENDED: This is the recommended method for logging a usage that will contain entries for all bookable resources that were scheduled in the reservation.
Free Usage Entry
- Click Log a Usage from the main menu.
- Select the bookable resource.
Usage Entry Data
After clicking Log a Usage, you will be prompted for the usage data.
1. The form will respond to the configured timer type for the bookable.
2. Multiple resources may be combined under a single usage entry. Use the tab feature to select the resources to view the data entry form for each resource.
3. The check boxes may be used to deselect timer types from the usage entry. This is most commonly used when logging pilot or instructor time. For example, deselect "ground time" if no ground dual instruction is logged for that timer type.
|standard||prompts for IN and OUT times, displays the duration. (e.g. aircraft hobbs/tach times)|
|incremental||prompts for DURATION only (e.g. flight instructor flight/ground hours)|
|counter||no prompt, automatically increments a counter value (e.g. total number of usages)|
|clock||promps for date and time|
Adding Additional Resources
If the generic Log a Usage feature is used, a single resource will appear in the Usage Data list. Use the Add a Resource feature to add additional resources to the usage entry.
Removing Timer Fields
Timer fields may be removed from the entry by de-selecting the check box that is adjacent to the timer name. Chronos will only capture the data for timers with an enabled check box.
Activity Type and
Route of Flight information to help your operator track usage metrics. Regulatory audits may require the operator to report rental vs. student training activities, or in-state vs. out of state flights.
Route of flight should be entered similarly to your flight plan: e.g. KSTL FTZ KCOU
The duration of an entry may not be negative.
Duration values are required. Use the check box to remove unused timer items from the entry.
Custom Pricing Per Usage
When usages are entered,
admin users may customize the pricing in an ad hoc manner. This feature provides pricing flexibility when non-standard usages are entered such as:
- Special pricing for demonstration or introductory flights.
- Special pricing for charter vs. rental flights.
- Special deals such as coupons or gift certificates.
To edit the pricing when entering a usage, use the Accounting option as shown.