Chronos provides two convenience features for Google/Gmail account users.
1. Login quickly using your Google sign on.
2. Push reservations to your Google Calendar.
Step 1: Configuring Your Account
This will enable both the Log in with your Google Account feature and the Google Calendar integration.
- Inside Chronos, edit your profile by clicking My Profile, then Edit near the top of your profile screen.
Scroll down to the Google Calendar Integration section, and enter your Google ID.
Google Calendar IDto use a secondary google calendar on your account. To locate the Google Calendar ID, access the calendar settings area.
Step 2: Quick Login Using Your Google Account
From the Sign In page, click the Log in with your Google Account button.
You will be prompted for your Google credentials if your browser is not already logged in to Google.
- If you are already logged in to Google, you will receive a notification to allow Greenfolder offline access to your Google account.
Clicking Accept will tell Google to allow Greenfolder to push calendar events to your Google account, even when you are offline.
VIDEO: Google Calendar Integration
Google Calendar Integration
After you have logged into Chronos using the Google option, your reservations will automatically be pushed to your Google calendar.
Troubleshooting: No Calendar Events
If your reservations are not showing up on your Google Calendar, your access grant may have expired.
- Log out of Chronos.
- Log back in to Chronos using the Log in with your Google Account button. This will renew the access grant that Google requires in order to receive Chronos event pushes.
Master Admin Calendars
Clients may be configured to receive all calendar events to their Google calendar. The client must be configured properly using steps 1 and 2 outlined previously in this article. This feature relies on Chronos's Client Tagging System.
To configure Chronos for master calendars, create a tag that you can remember. In this example, we are going to use the
google master tag.
Step 1. Add the master_google_calendar_tag to the settings.
- Click Menu / Server Settings.
- Click Notification to view the notification settings.
- Set the value of the Google Master Calendar setting.
Step 2. Tag Clients
- Browse to a client that you wish to receive all calendar reservation events.
- Add the
google mastertag to their account.
All clients that are tagged with the
google master tag will receive all reservation events to their Google Calendar.