Work Order Customer Portal
Customers may view work orders using the customer portal. The portal opens access to view the work order using an encrypted token which contains an access key to a single work order. The customer portal is secure and firewalled, allowing access only to the specific work order.
Customer Portal Views:
- Work Authorization: customer approve/reject features without estimate information.
- Estimate: customer approve/reject features with estimate information.
- Progress Report: estimated labor hours vs. actual labor hours progress.
Click the associated button to send an email invitation to the customer. Or use the direct links to preview the customer portal view or copy/paste the direct link URL manually into a custom email.
Inviting the Customer to View an Estimate or Invoice Online
- On the work order status page, click the Send Email link.
The Email Work Order page will be shown.
Review the online ESTIMATE or INVOICE documents by clicking the appropriatte direct link.
When you are ready to notify the customer to review the document, click the Email Estimate or Email Invoice button. Quantum MX will prompt you for additional email text, and then email the customer, prompting them to review the online document.
Team managers will also receive a carbon copy of the email.
The work order access key expires 48 hours after it is generated.
Only team managers are allowed to access the work order email feature.
Discrepancies may be marked with a customer approval status of Pending, Rejected, or Approved. Customers may approve or reject individual discrepancies using the Customer Approval controls in the right hand margin. Customers may also include special instructions or notes for the discrepancy.
- Clicking the Approve button will set the customer approval status to
- Clicking the Reject button will set the customer approval status to
- After an approval or rejection has been logged, a clear link is provided to allow the customer to clear the approval or rejection status.
- The Comment button allows the customer to provide some remarks or other instructions to the shop for the discrepancy.
The customer approval status also shows near the discrepancy on the standard Work Order page.
Formal Work Authorization
The Estimate level portal allows the customer to provide a digital signature to authorize work to be performed on the approved items.
Estimates: Communicating with the Customer
The customer may enter comments or questions regarding the discrepancy items on the customer portal estimate view.
NOTE: comments may only be deleted by a manager.
Technicians and managers may provide comments back to the customer from the Work Order view.
Printing Portal Estimates and Invoices
The customer may download a PDF view of estimates and invoices directly from the work order portal by clicking the Print link.
Printed Estimate Signature Features
A downloaded PDF estimate will include a signature block if there are discrepancy items pending approval.
If a digital signature has been provided through the portal, it will be displayed on the downloaded PDF.