Quantum MX can be configured to automatically apply parts and labor markups or discounts for individual customers. Commonly, parts are marked up using a percentage factor, and labor is discounted using a discrete dollar value. When Quantum MX computes the labor and parts costs for a Work Order, the customer's markup and discount settings will be used automatically.
Order of Precedence
Markups and discounts are computed for new items using the following order of precedence. Default values are specified at the team, part and customer levels. Once applied, the default markups for work order items may be modified specifically from within the work order parts kit or accounting settings.
- Team level: team settings are used by default.
- Customer level: customer settings are applied if present.
- Aircraft level: aircraft settings are applied if present.
- Parts level: part specific accounting override settings are applied if present.
- Work Order level: Labor rates and parts markups are stored in the work order settings and may be modified individually for each work order.
- Parts Kit item level: parts markups are stored in the item settings and may be set individually for each parts kit item.
Configure the Team
- Locate a team and click Edit to edit the team accounting settings.
- OR - edit the accounting settings inline on the team profile page.
Configure the Customer
- Locate a customer by clicking Settings, Customers.
Click Edit to edit the customer.
Enter the desired
parts markuppercentage (e.g. 15%), and the desired
labor discountin dollars per hour. Use a negative labor discount to create a labor markup.
Click Update Customer to save the customer settings.
Parts Markup in the Work Order
The customer's parts markup will be used as the default markup for all parts that are added to a work order for an aircraft that is owned by the customer. Once added, the part price and markup are stored in the work order and no longer depend on the customer settings. These settings may be modified using the work order Parts Kit.
Or on the Audit / Profitability Metrics report...
Labor Discount in the Work Order
The customer's labor discount will automatically be applied to the labor rate of the mechanic selected in the work order work entries. Customize the labor rate table by clicking the Settings in the upper-right area of the work order screen.