A list of alternative part numbers may be kept in the Quantum MX database. Alternative part numbers are configured for individual parts.
Setting Up Alternative Part Numbers
- Browse to a Part that you wish to edit.
- Click Edit.
- Using the Alternate Part Numbers box, type in the alternate part number. Quantum MX will provide a helper drop down box to help you locate exact part numbers.
- Repeat to add multiple alternate part numbers.
- Alternate part numbers may be removed by clicking on the [x] inside the green part number tag.
- Click Save to save the part information to the database.
Locating Alternate Parts
The alternate parts for a specific part are shown on the Part detail page.
If the alternate part number can be located in the Quantum MX parts database, it will be shown with a puzzle piece icon. Click the part number to browse to the associated part. If the alternate part number is not found in the Quantum MX parts database, a plus icon will be displayed. Click the part number to create a new part in the database with the associated part number.
When alternate part numbers are assigned to a part, Quantum MX will automatically update the associated alternate part records, creating the reciprocal link.